IoT (Internet of Things) is an intricate piece of technology with extensive usage in both the electronic and IT industry. It is a network of things connected via the server cloud and helps people in making lives more comfortable. With Salesforce IoT Cloud, we can comprehend our day-today activities, record them, and even enhance them with automation or superior decision-making skills of the system.
For example: Consider a car that has access to the calendar, and whenever you are stuck in traffic, the vehicle automatically notifies the event organizer that you will be late to a meeting.
Today the term IoT is commonly used to signify advanced connectivity devices, systems, and services that go beyond machine-to-machine communications and includes a variety of protocols, domains, and applications. Just by being connected to the internet or any domain, things equipped with IoT can adjust their configurations according to the user’s need and enforce an auto-calibration.
What is the Salesforce IoT cloud?
Salesforce has introduced a new platform called Salesforce IoT Cloud, which mainly focuses on transforming connected devices into useful customer data. Thunder Engine powers the Salesforce IOT Cloud platform, which is a powerful real-time scaling engine with massive capacity. It uses the data harvested from devices to enrich the customer interactions proactively in real-time and implement their data into the systems when automated. Thousands of users can altogether leverage this platform to process billions of activities with an integrated and comprehensive perspective of business uses. Users can make rules according to their needs to specify the actions to be taken as per the situation.
In general, Salesforce IoT Cloud connects data from websites, social interactions, and applications to Salesforce.
The backbone of Salesforce IoT Cloud:
The backbone of the Salesforce IoT cloud is Thunder, an event-processing engine, which is designed to be capture and filter the data using its big data processing pipelines and engine rules. Four open-source platforms of Big Data, which has been utilized to build Thunder are:
- Apache Spark- It is a general-purpose cluster computing framework.
- Apache Storm- It is an open-source platform used to do the real-time computation of the data.
- Apache Kafka, a messaging technology built by LinkedIn
- Apache Cassandra-Just, like others, it’s an open-source platform and has extensive and distributed column storage. It acts as a database management system with No SQL support.
Using Thunder, the new Salesforce IoT Cloud connects customers with real-time data from devices such as phones, windmills, and industrial turbines as well as data from websites, social interactions, and blogs.
Bussines applications of IoT Cloud
Salesforce IoT cloud can be integrated with other Salesforce clouds such as Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and Apps cloud. Sales and Marketing teams can use the data from connected products to take action, that delights the customer and increase their loyalty.
Different industries can pick up useful client information to understand better about their preferences and utility habits. Such a string of data can be actively used to redefine the standards of the business or making essential changes in the products and services.
IoT Cloud and strings of benefit:
- To make the data collection process easier for business users.
- Non-technical users no longer need to rely on data analysts to get the most out of the data. The Salesforce IoTCloud features an event-processing engine that ingests billions of events per day.
- Salesforce IoT Cloud platform helps in forming your own set of rules, which helps in making various products of all kinds.
- IoT cloud also works as a tool to gather and process business intelligence, which is highly useful in forming better business strategies.
Are you putting too much effort into regulating your processes, then you should? Our experts will implement Salesforce IoT Cloud for your firm with our budget-friendly On-Demand Service Model, so you don’t have to pay for more than what you use. Schedule a call today!!