Who is this Whitepaper for?
This whitepaper is for Salesforce developers and admins who want to understand more about Salesforce DX (Developer Experience), and how it might be used to implement a DevOps process that works for technically diverse development teams. Salesforce DX will likely impact you, potentially changing the way you work. If you’re involved in the administration, development, maintenance, or management of Salesforce environments, then this whitepaper is for you.
It will provide you an overview of Salesforce DX, an understanding of its motivating factors, the workflows it facilitates and practical considerations for its adoption. If you’re an admin, architect, developer or team lead considering trialing and adopting Salesforce DX for your team, then this whitepaper has something for you.
The Key Topics Covered in the Report include
- Setup a Project
- Authorize the Developer Hub org for the project
- Configure your local project
- Create a scratch org
- Push the source from your project to the scratch org
- Pull the source to keep your project and scratch org in sync
- Run tests
- Export The Package.xml
- Convert Source code to Salesforce DX
- Track Changes Between the Project and Scratch Org – Sync Up
- An Introduction
- Developer Hub (Dev Hub) Orgs
- The Salesforce CLI
- Scratch Org
- A New Metadata Format
- Visual Studio Code Plugins
- Second Generation Packaging (2GP)
- Dependency API
- Best Practices – Version Control System (VCS)
To learn more about the amazing Salesforce Developer Experience…