Salesforce is always a company that is looking ahead to the next big in technology, whether it is mobile, social, IoT or Artificial Intelligence. The world’s leading CRM Company recently took its wraps off Salesforce Blockchain, its new low-code platform enabling organizations to share verified and distributed data sets across a trusted network of partners and third parties. With the new launch announced at TrailheaDX, the fourth annual developer conference, Salesforce is bringing the combined capabilities of its World’s #1 CRM and low-code Blockchain platform to enable organizations to create Blockchain networks, workflows, and apps that have the potential to deliver holistic customer experiences.
Leading global brands are already taking advantage of this new platform. Arizona State University uses Blockchain for Salesforce to design and create an educational network that allows universities to securely verify and share information. IQVIA, a global leader in advanced analytics, technology solutions, and contract research services has partnered with Salesforce to explore an array of possible blockchain technology initiatives including regulatory information management and drug label processing. S&P Global Ratings, a key provider of ratings, benchmarks, analytics and data for the global capital and commodity markets is leveraging the platform to review and approve new business bank accounts with improved agility. And more leading brands are exploring the infinite possibilities of delivering seamless customer experiences using the Blockchain platform.
Take a deeper dive into the intricacies and the nuances of the brand-new Blockchain platform that packs unique and incredible features, and promises to be the first low-code Blockchain platform for the CRM.
Salesforce Blockchain – The Technology
Blockchain Technology for Salesforce is built on Hyperledger Sawtooth, an open source modular platform for designing, deploying and running distributed ledgers, and it’s customized for Salesforce Lightning, Salesforce’s front-end framework for app development. It consists of three components:
- Blockchain Builder – a developer toolset for building blockchain applications
- Blockchain Connect – integrates blockchain actions with Salesforce apps
- Blockchain Engage – enables customers to invite parties to blockchain apps created within Salesforce
Businesses can take advantage of the platform to build and manage blockchain networks, apps and smart contracts using Salesforce’s powerful low-code capabilities. Customers can even create and share a blockchain object using the same process as they already do for any CRM data object in Salesforce without the need for writing code.
“We help companies build for the future by making breakthrough technology accessible and easy to use — today we are doing just that with Salesforce Blockchain. Now, companies will be able to create new ecosystems and achieve new levels of interconnectivity through trusted partner networks”
—Bret Taylor, President and Chief Product Officer of Salesforce at TrailheaDX
3 Undeniable Reasons to Love Salesforce Blockchain
It is deeply customized for Salesforce Lightning and is uniquely designed to lower the barrier for creating trusted partner networks. It enables companies to slickly bring together authenticated, distributed data and CRM processes. With Salesforce Blockchain integration you can:
- Build Blockchain Networks with Clicks, not Code—Salesforce platform is well received by developers for its unique low-code capabilities. With the newly launched Blockchain platform, you can slickly build and maintain blockchain networks, apps, and smart contracts, using just clicks, not code
- Create Actionable Blockchain Data—Make blockchain data actionable through native integration with Salesforce. Layer complex blockchain data along with existing sales, service and marketing workflows like search queries and process automation. Also, you can now run Einstein-powered artificial intelligence algorithms that integrate blockchain data into sales forecasts, predictions and much more.
- Lower Barrier to Entry for Partners—Engage partners, distributors, and intermediaries easily to leverage Blockchain for Salesforce. Even more, companies can now pull in APIs, pre-built apps and integrate any existing blockchains with Salesforce. With an intuitive engagement layer, organizations can also easily interact with and add third parties to their blockchain with a few clicks and simple authentication thereby creating trust networks.
Salesforce Blockchain is currently available to select design partners and will be generally available in 2020.
To learn more about how you can leverage the power of Salesforce Blockchain in your Organization, Talk to our team!