Pardot renamed to Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (MCAE) is one of the most popular marketing automation tools that help businesses create and manage lead generation, scoring, and email marketing campaigns. With its powerful features, it helps businesses automate their marketing efforts and maximize their return on investment (ROI). In addition, the robust features for A/B testing and post-scheduling have increased its adoption among business, consumer services, and education sectors.
However, implementing MCAE (Pardot) can be a complex process, and it is essential to have a clear understanding of the steps involved, best practices, and potential costs. Therefore, this blog will provide a comprehensive guide to its implementation, including a checklist, best practices, timeline, and costs.
Before starting a MCAE (Pardot) implementation, businesses should have a clear understanding of their marketing objectives and the specific problems they are trying to solve with the platform. The following is a checklist of items that businesses need to consider when planning their MCAE implementation:
- Define your marketing objectives: Determine what you want to achieve with the platform and what metrics you will use to measure success.
- Determine your target audience: Identify your target audience with your marketing campaigns and their characteristics.
- Define your lead scoring criteria: Determine how you will score leads based on their engagement with your marketing campaigns.
- Plan your lead nurturing campaigns: Determine the steps you will take to move leads through the sales funnel.
- Determine your data needs: Determine what data you will need to import into the platform (or Sync from Salesforce CRM) and what data you will need to capture from your website.
- Plan your data migration: Determine how you will move your data from your existing systems into MCAE.
- Define your reporting needs: Determine what reports you will need to run in MCAE and what data you need to include in those reports.
- Plan your training and support: Determine how you will train your team on the platform and who will support your MCAE implementation.
Best Practices for MCAE Implementation
When implementing MCAE, businesses should follow best practices to ensure a successful deployment, including the following:
- Start with a small pilot project: Begin with a small, focused project that will allow you to test the waters with MCAE.
- Involve the right people: Involve all relevant stakeholders, including your marketing, sales, and IT teams.
- Define your processes: Clearly define your processes for lead generation, lead nurturing, lead scoring, and measuring the outcomes.
- Integrate with your existing systems: Integrate it with your existing systems, such as your CRM and website, to ensure a seamless user experience.
- Extensive Testing: Test your MCAE implementation thoroughly before going live to ensure that systems work as expected.
- Provide training and support: Invest in training and support to ensure your team is fully equipped to use the platform effectively.
The timeline for an MCAE implementation can vary depending on the complexity of your marketing goals and processes. In addition, it is dependent on the configuration that the business requires. However, on average, an MCAE implementation can take anywhere from 4-12 weeks.
Week 1-2: Define marketing goals and objectives, choose a pricing plan, and set up your MCAE account.
Week 3-4: Integrate MCAE with your CRM, website, and other marketing tools.
Week 5-6: Define your lead generation and scoring process and create custom fields and tags.
Week 7-8: Define your email templates, landing pages, and forms.
Week 9-10: Set up automation rules and segments.
Week 11-12: Test and optimize your MCAE implementation.
The cost of MCAE implementation varies depending on several factors, including the size of your business, the complexity of your marketing goals and processes, and the resources you have available to manage the implementation process. Primary costs associated with its implementation include the following:
- Subscription Costs: The cost of an MCAE subscription varies depending on the pricing plan you choose and the number of users you need.
- Professional Services Costs: If you need assistance with the implementation process, you may need to hire a professional services firm to help you. This can include costs for project management, consulting, and customization.
- Integration Costs: If you need to integrate MCAE with other systems, such as your CRM, website, or other marketing tools, you may incur additional costs for software, consulting, and implementation services.
- Training Costs: To ensure the success of your implementation, you may need to provide training for your team members. This can include costs for instructor-led training, online courses, and user guides.
- Ongoing Support and Maintenance Costs: Once your implementation is complete, you may need to provide ongoing support and maintenance to ensure that the system continues to operate as expected. This can include costs for software updates, technical support, and training.
It is important to consider the costs associated with the implementation before making a decision. You should also consider the long-term benefits of using MCAE, such as increased efficiency, improved ROI, and better alignment with your marketing goals and objectives.
MCAE aka Pardot is a powerful marketing automation platform that can streamline your marketing processes, improve your ROI, and align with your marketing goals and objectives. The implementation process can be complex and challenging, but with the right planning, preparation, and support, you can ensure a successful outcome.
For best results, we recommend that you can collaborate with an MCAE implementation partner who will have a clear understanding of the timeline, costs, and checklist to help you with the implementation.
DemandBlue is a Salesforce-certified partner that has helped businesses from different industry backgrounds streamline their marketing campaigns with successful MCAE implementations. Collaborating with DemandBlue will help you reduce the risks associated with the implementation and ensure that your investment delivers the results you are looking for.
Talk to us to learn more about our capabilities.