DemandBlue redefines the CPQ architecture of a leading daily American newspaper leader to improve operational efficiency in their Quote to Cash process
About the Client
The client is an award-winning news leader that provides world-class journalism with the latest technology and tools.
The Business Challenge
The client’s Salesforce CPQ license was underutilized due to configuration errors and poor vendor management. Custom objects and manual calculations led to operational chaos. The client sought DemandBlue’s help with margin calculations, restructuring product catalogs and pricing, and implementing proper approval processes.
SolutionDemandBlue’s CPQ experts conducted a comprehensive discovery to gain an in-depth understanding of the client’s CPQ environment. The CPQ experts executed the following game plan:
- Replaced the custom objects with the main CPQ objects to simplify the client’s CPQ environment.
- Replaced error-prone manual process with an automated mechanism to calculate subscription data accurately and act as a source to the client’s SAP ERP Billing system.
- Set up Products and Bundles and updated the current Price Book to restructure the client’s Product Catalog and Pricing.
- Established appropriate approval processes in consultation with the client to enhance the overall efficiency of the CPQ environment.
- Automated the subscription contracts and created renewals to simplify the subscription process for the client.
- Built a process in the CPQ engine to calculate the client’s uplift margins easily for the renewals.
- Created MDQ products and configured the CPQ UI to retain only the necessary elements to provide a personalized user experience.
- Eliminated operational confusion in existing CPQ bundle for improved sales efficiency.
- Renewal automation reduced the manual effort in renewing subsequent opportunities based on the contract end date.
- Automated the Quote to Cash process and created custom quotation templates to shorten sales cycles.
- Optimized the RevOps architecture by automating Quotes, Subscriptions, Contracts, Opportunities, and Assets.
- Improved user experience for salespersons with optimized CPQ UI.
Salesforce: Sales Cloud, CPQ
Technologies: Flows, Apex